Virginia’s Land Use-Value Assessment Program
The purpose of this site is to provide information to those interested in use-value assessment in Virginia.
The final amendments to 2 VAC 5-20, Standards for Classification of Real Estate as Devoted to Agricultural Use and to Horticultural Use Under the Virginia Land Use Assessment Law, will be published in the September 14, 2020, edition of the Virginia Register of Regulations and will become effective on October 15, 2020. The link to the regulatory action on Virginia's Regulatory Town Hall is: https://townhall.virginia.gov/L/viewstage.cfm?stageid=8968
Brochures (All Estimates by County/City)
Agricultural and Horticultural Estimates
- Agricultural Land Estimates (Table 1a) TY2021
- Analysis: Agri Land Estimates (Table 1a)
- The Composite Farm and Avg Returns (Table 2) TY2021
- Apple and Tree Fruit Estimates (Table 1b) TY2021
Agricultural Rental Rate Estimates
Open Space Estimates
- Why three piedmont county's use-value estimates differ.
Why does Goochland have higher estimates for TY2016 than Spotslvania and Orange?
- Understanding use-value estimates in Northampton and Accomack counties for TY2016.
An explanation of Northampton and Acomack's TY2016 use-value estimates
- Buckingham Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission: Educational Session September 2017
Virginia’s Use-value Assessment Program (Buckingham County) (G. Groover)
Buckingham County Land Use Program: General Overview & Considerations (N. Morris)
Forestry Land Use: Overview and Update (Buckingham County) (D. Cumbia)
- Virginia Association of Assessing Officers (VAAO) Educational Seminar July 2017
Agritourism - Fiscal Impact (M. Walker)
Commisioner's Standards for Classification of Agricutural or Horticultural Use (K. Schmidt)
Forestry Land Use (T. Groh)
Soils/Land Class (G. Groover)
- Fluvanna Board of Superviors: Work Session August 2016
How it Works: Virginia's Use-value Assessment Program (Fluvanna) (G. Groover)
- Virginia Association of Assessing Officers (VAAO) Educational Seminar July 2016
How it Works: Virginia's Use-value Assessment Program (Rockingham) (G. Groover)
- Eastern Shore Meeting March 2016
How it Works: Virginia's Use-value Assessment Program (Northampton) (G. Groover)
- Southeast Virginia Field Crop Conference February 2016
How it Works: Virginia's Use-value Assessment Program (Chesapeake) (G. Groover)
- Virginia Association of Assessing Officers (VAAO) Educational Seminar July 2015