Virginia’s Land Use-Value Assessment Program
The purpose of this site is to provide information to those interested in use-value assessment in Virginia.
Proposed land use-value estimates for tax year 2021 will be presented to the State Land Evaluation Advisory Council (SLEAC) at its annual meeting scheduled for August 12, 2020. The public comment period on the proposed estimates will be open from August 12, 2020 to September 12, 2020. SLEAC will hold a second meeting on September 14th to discuss adoption of the proposed estimates. Both SLEAC meetings are tentatively scheduled to be held at the Virginia Department of Forestry in Charlottesville and will be open to the public. Watch for further updates on the SLEAC meetings on the Commonwealth Calendar.
Virginia Department of Forestry
900 Natural Resources Drive, Suite 800
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Brochures (All Estimates by County/City)
Agricultural and Horticultural Estimates
- Agricultural Land Estimates (Table 1a) TY2020
- Analysis: Agri Land Estimates (Table 1a)
- The Composite Farm and Avg Returns (Table 2) TY2020
- Apple and Tree Fruit Estimates (Table 1b) TY2020
Agricultural Rental Rate Estimates
Open Space Estimates
- Why three piedmont county's use-value estimates differ.
Why does Goochland have higher estimates for TY2016 than Spotslvania and Orange?
- Understanding use-value estimates in Northampton and Accomack counties for TY2016.
An explanation of Northampton and Acomack's TY2016 use-value estimates
- Buckingham Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission: Educational Session September 2017
Virginia’s Use-value Assessment Program (Buckingham County) (G. Groover)
Buckingham County Land Use Program: General Overview & Considerations (N. Morris)
Forestry Land Use: Overview and Update (Buckingham County) (D. Cumbia)
- Virginia Association of Assessing Officers (VAAO) Educational Seminar July 2017
Agritourism - Fiscal Impact (M. Walker)
Commisioner's Standards for Classification of Agricutural or Horticultural Use (K. Schmidt)
Forestry Land Use (T. Groh)
Soils/Land Class (G. Groover)
- Fluvanna Board of Superviors: Work Session August 2016
How it Works: Virginia's Use-value Assessment Program (Fluvanna) (G. Groover)
- Virginia Association of Assessing Officers (VAAO) Educational Seminar July 2016
How it Works: Virginia's Use-value Assessment Program (Rockingham) (G. Groover)
- Eastern Shore Meeting March 2016
How it Works: Virginia's Use-value Assessment Program (Northampton) (G. Groover)
- Southeast Virginia Field Crop Conference February 2016
How it Works: Virginia's Use-value Assessment Program (Chesapeake) (G. Groover)
- Virginia Association of Assessing Officers (VAAO) Educational Seminar July 2015