Research interests include generational wealth transfer and family governance, financial conflict resolution, and the connection between psychological well-being and financial behavior.
Generational wealth transfer
Financial conflict resolution
- Doctoral dissertation focused on the connection between psychological well-being and financial behavior.
- The relationship between mortgage debt and financial satisfaction in retirement.
- Subjective factors associated with long-term care insurance purchase decisions.
Selected recent publications
Asebedo, S. D., Seay, M. C. (In press). Positive psychological attributes and retirement satisfaction. Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning.
Asebedo, S., & Asebedo, G. (2013). The university for practitioners: A conceptual learning and development model. Journal of Financial Planning, 26(10), 50-59.
Britt, S. L., Asebedo, S., Blue, J. (2013). Workaholism and well-being. Financial Planning Review, 6(3), 35-59.
Asebedo, S., McCoy, M. A., & Archuleta, K. L. (2013). 2013 membership profile of the Financial Therapy Association: A strategic planning report. Journal of Financial Therapy, 4(2), 2.
- AAEC 3104 “Financial Planning for Professionals”
- AAEC 4104 “Retirement Planning”
Ph.D., Personal Financial Planning, Kansas State University, expected 2016
Graduate Certificate, Conflict Resolution, Kansas State University, 2014
M.S., Personal Financial Planning, Kansas State University, 2011
B.S., Personal Financial Planning, Kansas State University, 2004
Assistant Professor of Practice, Agricultural and Applied Economics, Virginia Tech, 2014