The Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics: Gateway for innovative academia and industry partnerships
Our partners receive access to a pipeline of highly trained students that can help meet workforce, research, and project needs. In return, AAEC students have the opportunity to join successful companies who have made a comprehensive investment in both their education and futures.
Benefits for partnering industries:
- Career fair and talent pipeline
- Class, research, and/or capstone projects
- Externship, internship, co-op, fellowship, and sponsored/funded graduate students
- Recruitment/industry topic workshops
- Visit to campus and ag Extension centers in Virginia
- Conference room space for interviews
- Increase corporate visibility and brand recognition as a partner on AAEC website, social media, and newsletter
- Invitation to special events
Jan. 23, 2023: Smithfield Foods visits with faculty, staff, and students for a lunch and roundtable industry discussion
The event was hosted by Commodity Investing by Students (COINS) and the Center for Agricultural Trade.