The Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics: Gateway for innovative academia and industry partnerships
Our partners receive access to a pipeline of highly trained students that can help meet workforce, research, and project needs. In return, AAEC students have the opportunity to join successful companies who have made a comprehensive investment in both their education and futures.
Benefits for partnering industries:
- Career fair and talent pipeline
- Class, research, and/or capstone projects
- Externship, internship, co-op, fellowship, and sponsored/funded graduate students
- Recruitment/industry topic workshops
- Visit to campus and ag Extension centers in Virginia
- Conference room space for interviews
- Increase corporate visibility and brand recognition as a partner on AAEC website, social media, and newsletter
- Invitation to special events
Corporate and industry visits
Joe Guthrie '89, Virginia Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services, spoke to Ag policy students.
Smithfield Foods visits with faculty, staff, and students for a lunch and roundtable industry discussion
The event was hosted by Commodity Investing by Students (COINS) and the Center for Agricultural Trade.