Students in agricultural and applied economics (AAEC) are eligible for scholarships from both The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the department. Departmental scholarships are provided by the generous support of donors who want to support AAEC students.
To apply for scholarships:
Apply to scholarships provided by the department of agricultural and applied economics and the college of ag and life sciences here (deadline: January 22nd).
Other scholarships for AAEC students include the Virginia Cooperative Council’s Scroggs/Raper Scholarship (deadline: February 12th). Download Application.
Thanks to the generous support of our donors, we distribute over $40,000 each year through the following scholarships:
- Charles W. Coale, Jr. & Ellen Kirby Coale AgEcon Scholarship
- Donald M. & Evelyn L. Mitchell Endowment
- Farm Credit Endowed Scholarship
- Farm Managers & Rural Appraiser End Scholarship
- George T. and Estelle M Crowder Scholarship
- Harold N. Young Scholarship
- Harry and Elsie Love Endowed Scholarship
- Herbert and Sylva Stoevener Endowed Scholarship
- Janis and Leon Geyer Endowed Scholarship
- Les and Winnie Myers Scholarship
- Lura Eaton Whiter and Franklin A. Whiter Scholarship
- Samuel’s Family Student Travel Scholarship
- Scroggs/Raper Scholarship, Virginia Cooperative Council
- Spillman Family Scholarship
- Virginia Farm Credit Scholarship
- W. L. Gibson, Jr. Scholarship
- Wayne Purcell/David Kenyon Marketing & Price Risk Management Scholarship
- William A Spillman Scholarship