Pedro Wesley Vertino De Queiroz
Pedro Queiroz's research spans agricultural economics, microeconomics, production economics, agricultural marketing, quantitative methods for agribusiness, and agribusiness economic analysis. He joined the department in August 2023.
Agricultural economics; agribusiness; agricultural and commodity marketing
- Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA, 2016-2021
- D.S. Applied Economics, Federal University of Viçosa, Brazil, 2015-2020
- M.S. Applied Economics, Federal University of Viçosa, Brazil, 2013-2015
- B.S. Economics, State University of Ponta Grossa, Brazil, 2007-2010
Interests: Agricultural economics, microeconomics, production economics, agricultural marketing, quantitative methods for agribusiness, and agribusiness economic analysis.
Virginia Tech (August 2023 - present)
- AAEC 1005 – Economics of the Food and Fiber System
- AAEC 3504 – Marketing of Agricultural Products
- AAEC 4514 – Advanced Agribusiness Marketing
Clemson University (Agribusiness Lecturer - July 2021-August 2023)
- AGRB 2020 - Agricultural Economics
- AGRB 2050 - Agriculture and Society
- AGRB 3090 - Economics of Agricultural Marketing
- AGRB 3510 - Principles of Agricultural Sales Management
- AGRB 4900 - Microeconomics Applied to Agribusiness
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- ECSN 230 – Energy and the Environment: Economics and Policies (Instructor) - Fall 2018, 2019, 2020
- AECN 901a – Production Economics I (Ph.D. level) (TA) – Fall 2019
- AECN 902a – Production Economics II (Ph.D. level) (TA) – Spring 2020
Federal University of Viçosa, Brazil
- Intermediate Microeconomics (TA) – Spring 2016
Tomek Outstanding Ph.D. Student Award, Dept. of Agricultural Economics, UNL, Lincoln-NE.
Widaman Distinguished Graduate Assistant Award, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, UNL, Lincoln, NE.
Queiroz, Pedro W. V.; Perrin, Richard K.; Fulginiti, Lilyan E.; Bullock, David S., "An Expected Value of Sample Information (EVSI) Approach for Estimating the Payoff from a Variable Rate Technology", Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Volume 48, Issue 1, January 2023, Pages 1-13.
Queiroz, P., A. B. Coelho. 2019. “Food away from home in Brazil: the role of sociodemographic factors and family structure", International Journal of Social Economics, 46 (4): 503-522.
Carrillo, B., P. W. V. Queiroz, C. Charris, A. Coelho. 2017. "New evidence of the effects of body weight on labor market outcomes in a developing country". Pesquisa e Planejamento Econômico, 47 (2): 177-196.
Queiroz, P. W. V., A. B. Coelho. 2017. “Alimentação fora de casa: uma investigação sobre os determinantes da decisão de consumo dos domicílios brasileiros”. Análise Econômica, 35(67). https://doi.org/10.22456/2176-5456.57132 (published in Portuguese).
Work in progress:
“Land Use Policies, Land Use Land Cover Change, and Climate: Examples from the United States” (with Rezaul Mahmood, Lilyan E. Fulginiti, and Richard K. Perrin). Submitted to Ambio.
“Deforestation and directed technical change in South American Agriculture” (with Lilyan E. Fulginiti and Richard K. Perrin). Preparing for submission.
“How did technical change affect land use in Brazilian agriculture?” (with Lilyan E. Fulginiti). In progress.
“The effect of remote sensing drought indicators on agriculture: evidence from Southern Brazil” (with Denis Mariano, Lilyan E. Fulginiti, and Richard K. Perrin). In progress.